Pflugerville Public Library Pfab Lab Policies
- Sign Release Form. If under 18, parental consent is required.
- Attend library programs or open hours. View our schedule for upcoming Pfab Lab programs.
- Make things! Staff-instructed classes or demos may or may not require a Release Form or any orientations, depending on what tools and equipment are being used.
The Pfab Lab is designated for use by people ages 8 and older.
Children ages 8-11 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times. Children under the age of 8 are prohibited from entering the space.
Parental consent may be required for anyone under 18 years of age.
- Never work while you are impaired, stressed, tired or otherwise unable to work carefully.
- Always wear safety glasses around equipment, even if you are not using the equipment.
- Always wear close-toed shoes. Sandals, clogs, and high heels should not be worn.
- Always tie back long hair, including long beards, such that it is not able to hang in front of neck/face.
- Always dress appropriately. Never wear loose-fitting clothing, headphones, jewelry, or anything else that could get caught in machinery.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Pfab Lab.
- Headphones and earbuds are prohibited in the lab.
- Never place hands in the area of any cutting tool or machine.
- Never leave machine while it is running, unless allowed by staff.
- Ensure all guards and shields are in place prior to operating machines.
- Never interrupt or distract an individual using machinery.
- Always check material for metal, such as screws or nails, before using on machinery.
- Alert staff to malfunctioning machinery.
- Always keep work area clean.
- Report all injuries to staff immediately.