All ages are welcome to enter the Heritage House Museum Photography Contest. Judges include city staff members and the Heritage House Partners. Winners will receive an Ancestry DNA kit and their photo will be on display at the museum in September. The deadline to enter is Friday, August 24. The contest theme is Changing Pflugerville: Preserving the Past and Embracing the Present.
- Photography must be the original work of the entrant.
- Photographers are free to submit any original photographs they feel represent this theme.
- Preference in judging will be given to photographs that demonstrate life in Pflugerville, including the history of the area, changes taking place and the culture and identity of its citizens.
- Photography exhibited must be appropriate for viewing by all ages of the general public. Photography that is sexual, racist, violent, libelous, slanderous, demoralizing, or discriminatory in nature is strictly prohibited.
- You retain all rights to your photographs, granting the Pflugerville Library limited use for promotional activities with attribution to the photographer.
- The deadline for submission is August 24, 2018. All ages can enter the contest for free. Limit three photographs per contestant.
For more information about the contest guidelines and how to submit your photos, visit the Heritage House Museum website. The museum is located on 901 Old Austin Hutto Rd. Open hours are Tuesdays during the Pfarmers Market, 3 - 7 p.m., and the first Sunday of the month from 1 - 4 p.m. Prizes for the Heritage House Museum Photography Contest generously provided by the Heritage House Partners.