In addition to providing a fun bonding experience for you and your child, Storytime enhances language proficiency, supports early literacy, boosts listening skills, and encourages creativity. Make the most out of your Storytime visit by following these tips:
- Arrive on time so that you don't miss any of the fun.
- Participate actively with your child. If it is physically comfortable for you, sit on the floor with your child.
- Put your phone away (unless you are snapping a picture of your tot) and save adult conversations until craft time.
- Wait to eat snacks until after Storytime.
- If Story Time is not holding your child's attention, you can take them out of the Storytime room until they are ready to rejoin the group.
- Transition children to different library programs when they are ready. We plan activities for every age so that there is always something available for your child