About the Museum
The Heritage House Museum is dedicated to preserving local history and educating the public on the history of Pflugerville and related subjects. The Library manages the facility and works closely with the Heritage House Partners and the city's Parks and Recreation Department to maintain the building and grounds, staff it during open hours, and plan relevant programing. The museum contains artifacts that represent rural farm life in the early to mid 20th century. From the German families who founded the city through waves of immigrants seeking a better life, the rich history of the area is explored at the museum. See the Heritage House Museum Calendar for a listing of upcoming programs, displays, and special events.
Learn more about our 2nd Annual Photography Contest! Enter to win an Ancestry DNA Kit provided by the Heritage House Partners.
Location and Museum Hours
The museum is located in Heritage Park at 901 Old Austin Hutto Road. The park includes the Green Red Barn, Scott Mentzer Pool, a walking trail, playground, and gazebo.
First Sunday of the month from 1 - 4 pm
Tuesdays during Pfarmer's Market from 3 - 7 pm (March through October)
The museum displays many antiques, as well as, historical photographs, documents, and books.
History of the Bohls House
The Heritage House Museum, also known as the Bohls House, was designated as a historic landmark in 2005. Built in 1913 by Gottlieb William (G.W.) Bohls, this Queen Anne home sits in its original location, once the center of the Bohls farm. Otto Walter Bohls owned the home and farm from the 1920s until 1959. His son Clarence W. Bohls lived in the house until 1966 and operated the farm until 1985. From 1966 until 1985 the house was rented to H.L. and Merle Weiss. In 1993, the City took over ownership of the house with an agreement for it to become a heritage museum to house exhibits representative of all families, cultures, businesses, schools, churches, and other organizations that contributed to the development of Pflugerville.