3D printing is currently on hold. Please check back at a later time to submit your items.
The Library accepts 3D print requests by email. We typically run print requests on Fridays. Print jobs will be completed in the order that they are received. It can take up to two weeks for submissions to be printed, depending on demand.
- The applicant must be a Library cardholder in good standing.
- 3D prints are limited to one per card per week.
- Print must be submitted as an STL file.
- Files must be uncorrupted. Staff will not try to print an item more than twice.
- Prints allowed up to 5 in high x 5 inches wide x 5 in long and must not take longer than 2 hours to print. If larger, the print may be scaled down and/or made hollow to fit the printer’s capacity.
- The object(s) must be capable of being printed during one run (e.g. 12 small flowers might be printed simultaneously, but a robot of size might require several different print runs).
- Library print programs take precedence over other print runs.
- The default print resolution is .3.
- Received print files may take as long as two weeks to be printed; the Library will notify the applicant by email when the object is ready for pick-up.
- As in other Library reserves, printed objects will be held for 3 days.
- Prints will cost 5 cents a gram up to $3. If the charge is more than $3, you will be contacted to see whether you would still like your print.
- Fees will be charged to the applicant’s library account, payable upon collection of the print. Cash or check only please.
Submitting files for printing:
Let us know:
- Whether you would like a single or dual color print. Dual color prints will only be done with items that are designed for a dual extruder printer, i.e., the file’s components must already be color coded.
- Your top three color choices. Available colors: Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow, Orange, Gold, White, Red, Teal. Special colors: Wood/plastic blend, glow-in-the-dark.