Pflugerville Public Library Pfab Lab Policies
- Sign Release Form. If under 18, parental consent is required.
- Attend library programs or open hours. View our schedule for upcoming Pfab Lab programs.
- Make things! Staff-instructed classes or demos may or may not require a Release Form or any orientations, depending on what tools and equipment are being used.
Registration for trainings and appointments opens on the first of the previous month. Attendees must give 24 hour cancellation notice to allow others on the waiting lists to attend.
Failure to cancel registrations will result in a 90 day block on use after two instances of missing without cancellation.
The Pfab Lab is designated for use by people ages 8 and older.
Children ages 8-11 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times. Children under the age of 8 are prohibited from entering the space.
Parental consent may be required for anyone under 18 years of age.
- Never work while you are impaired, stressed, tired or otherwise unable to work carefully.
- Always wear safety glasses around equipment, even if you are not using the equipment.
- Always wear close-toed shoes. Sandals, clogs, and high heels should not be worn.
- Always tie back long hair, including long beards, such that it is not able to hang in front of neck/face.
- Always dress appropriately. Never wear loose-fitting clothing, headphones, jewelry, or anything else that could get caught in machinery.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Pfab Lab.
- Headphones and earbuds are prohibited in the lab.
- Never place hands in the area of any cutting tool or machine.
- Never leave machine while it is running, unless allowed by staff.
- Ensure all guards and shields are in place prior to operating machines.
- Never interrupt or distract an individual using machinery.
- Always check material for metal, such as screws or nails, before using on machinery.
- Alert staff to malfunctioning machinery.
- Always keep work area clean.
- Report all injuries to staff immediately.